Promotion: Importance Of Websites & Blogs
This Tuesday Tip deals with the importance of a website and a blog for an author’s promotion and to inform readers about their books.
An author can have a website and include a blog as important part of the website. Use this for promotion.
Promotion ~ Build A Website And A Blog Together
A website has a broader range of promotional services therefore use your website for the following.
- List your books
- Post articles you have written
- Make a sample chapter available
- Run contests to bring interest to the book and people to your site
- Schedule appearances and book signings
- Promote with a media kit
- Reviews should be promoted with your books
A blog has specific posts which can be changed daily or weekly depending on how much time you want to spend.
- Obtain more and different viewers at your blog by inviting fellow authors to your blog
- Post blurbs, excerpts, buy information which include Amazon and Barnes & Noble links.
- Author links such as twitter, instagram, Pinterest can be listed in all posts.
- Build an email list on your blog by promoting a free book or sample chapters to readers.
- Write articles about your characters, give writing and publishing tips.
WordPress.org is a good tool to use for building a website and a blog.
You will also need a host for your website and blog. There are several hosts that work well with WordPress. Bluehost is a good one. There are small fees involved.
Check out the earlier Tuesday Tip on creating blogs.
Check out newest release from Rogue Phoenix Press
Buy at: Amazon, Barnes and Noble
After months uprooted, the survivors of the Windrider clan have a home, a new village built under the guidance of Joseph, their human saviour and friend. Alas, peace is not to last as new dangers appear – unknown beasts savaging the woods and rumour of war stirring in the north. If they are to survive, all Joseph’s courage and the Windriders’ unity will be tested to their limits.
The tale of Joseph, the Spirit of the Trees, concludes in this ultimate clash between old friends and older enemies. Joseph claimed his Identity and joined a Community, but will even these be enough to survive this Calamity?