Website/Blog: Promotion Tools for Authors
This Tuesday Tip deals with the importance of a website and a blog for an author to promote and inform readers about their books.
An author can have a website and include a blog as important part of the website.
Build A Website And A Blog Together
A website has a broader range of promotional services therefore use your website for the following.
- List your books
- Post articles you have written
- Make a sample chapter available
- Run contests to bring interest to the book and people to your site
- Schedule appearances and book signings
- Promote with a media kit
- Reviews should be promoted with your books
A blog has specific posts which can be changed daily or weekly depending on how much time you want to spend.
- Obtain more and different viewers at your blog by inviting fellow authors to your blog
- Post blurbs, excerpts, buy information which include Amazon and Barnes & Noble links.
- Author links such as twitter, instagram, Pinterest can be listed in all posts.
- Build an email list on your blog by promoting a free book or sample chapters to readers.
- Write articles about your characters, give writing and publishing tips.
WordPress.org is a good tool to use for building a website and a blog.
You will also need a host for your website and blog. There are several hosts that work well with WordPress. Bluehost is a good one. There are small fees involved.
Check out the earlier Tuesday Tip on creating blogs.